Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Digital Nation": What has the internet done to us?

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/i_like_to_watch/2010/01/30/frontline_digital_nation/index.html


The information in this article is important because it focuses on how addictive the internet is becoming. Teenagers tend to be the main age group that utilize the internet more than seven hours a day. This article is extremely important for others to read as well, because it affects so many people that may not even realize it.

Why do you think most people are "Addicted" to the internet?


5 comments:

  1. Good question. Is the internet any more or less addictive than substances or other things that hit the pleasure centers in our brain? How is this addiction unlike other addictions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the internet is becoming more of a necessity than simply something pleasurable. I think that's why it's addictive, because we need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people are becoming addicted to the Internet because they can do so many things from downloading music, emailing, surfing the web, to gaming online with their PS3 and Xbox. The Internet allows for endless possiblities that people don't have in the real world and this is why it's addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most people are addicted to the internet because you can do many things on it. Many sites such as facebook are addicting and you can sit on there for hours and just click on other peoplees profiles. You can do other addicting things on the internet such as shop or play online games and talk to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the reason a lot of us are addicted to the internet is simple, it’s convenient. We can do everything on the internet and it is easy! Everyone would like to save time and make difficult tasks or long tasks faster and easier. The problem is, as a society, we have relied on it to much, it’s kind of crippling us from things, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete